You have purchased P90X or have already begun the program. You have seen the infomercial and the stories online but you wonder, how did these people get the results that they did? As a Beachbody and P90X coach I am here to help. I have comprised 5 simple rules for you to get the most out of P90X so you can get in the best shape of your life. Remember, results can vary but if you follow these below you will get most out of this incredible program.
P90X Rules of Success:
1. Nutrition: I listed nutrition number one because I believe that it is the most important. In my opinion getting extreme results comes from 80% nutrition and 20% intense workouts. P90X supplies both. The nutrition guide that comes with the program is an incredible blueprint for getting results. It provides the amount of calories you need, A 3 phase nutrition plan, the foods you should eat, when you should eat them, recipes for meals, and the ratios of protein/carbohydrates/fats you should eat based on what your goals happen to be. Eating the right amount of calories, with the right proteins/fats/carbs/veggies/fruits/snacks at the right times is a key factor in getting the results your after. All you have to do is read and follow the guide. But you still have questions? That’s where I come in. As an Independent Beachbody coach I am here to help you, all you have to do is sign up to receive help CLICK HERE to sign up for free.
2. Having the Proper Equipement: P90X doesn’t need a lot of equipement. All you need is a Pull-up Bar , Weights and/or Resistance Bands. The most important thing is the have the right amount of Weight/Resistance! Far to often I get emails from my team members that are using 10 lb or 20lb dumbbells for the whole program. This isn’t going to be enough to get the best results. Different muscle groups require different amounts of resistance in order to get stronger. Your back is stronger than your biceps for example. P90X will get make you stronger. You will need to progress the amount of resistance you use as your strength increases in order to get the best results.
What do I use? I use both Adjustable dumbbells and resistance bands. Adjustable dumbbells are a great way to save money and space. Some of the most popular are Bowflex Select Tech and Power Blocks. If you can’t afford the free weights then Resistance bands are for you! Make sure you get at least 2 tensions. The Super and Extreme kits can be found in the “Gear” section.
3. Proper Supplements: You have gotten your nutrition down and now you need the right supplements. Fortunately P90X and Beachbody provide all the supplements that you need to get the best results. Whey Protein, P90X recovery drink (post workout), Shakeology, P90X Multivitamin, P90X protein bars, Omega 3s are all supplements to consider. They are all made specifically for P90X by nutritionist such as Mark Sisson and Steve Edwards. Optional supplements would be Creatine or a pre-workout supplement like Xpand Xtreme Pump. If you are wondering more about these see the supplement section or read “My Current Supplements“. I will be updating my supplements page very soon.
4. Consistency/Dedication: When you start P90X you are committing to a 90 day program. You must follow the schedule and be consistent with both the workouts and your nutrition to get the greatest results. A great way to do this is to set goals. Set 30, 60, and 90 day goals. Whether it be being able to do 10 pull ups, losing 30lbs, or gaining 10, setting goals will help you stay on the path to success. A great way to hold yourself accountable is to use the P90X workout sheets . As for nutrition A tool that I use is called FitDay, a food logging website which allows you to keep track of the amount of calories, as well as the % of protein/carbs/fat you take in daily. Will it be tough at first? Yes. Will there be days you don’t want to workout? Yes. But each day you do the program you take one step closer to your ultimate health and fitness goal. Remember I am here to help you through this. Make sure you reach out to me for motivation and help.
Optional equipment would also be, Heart Rate Monitor, Push Up Bars, Exercise Mat, and Yoga Block. Each can help you get even more from the program.
5. Having a P90X Coach: The P90X community is one of the greatest health and fitness communities around. When I first started P90X I found a coach that got the results I was after and signed up with him. He helped me Tremendously. Any question I had he was there to help. After I saw great results using the program I wanted to help others as well, so I signed up to be a P90X coach. As an Independent Beachbody Coach I am here to motivate, support, a help you reach your health and fitness goals. I have learned more from others than I have on my own. If you have any questions feel free to email me. SCaL11083@beachbodycoach.com or you can sign up for me as your Coach for FREE. You can also talk to others on my Private Fitness Group or come say hi to me on Facebook. www.facebook.com/seandcallahan
Looking to Lose Fat and Gain Muscle? Sign up for ME as your Free Fitness Coach Today!